1. How To Enter: The ‘Veterinary Practice News Canada E-mail Sign-up Contest’ (the “Contest”) is organized by www.veterinarypracticenews.ca and is the property of Kenilworth Media Inc (“Kenilworth”). The Contest commences on April 6, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. EDT and ends on May 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 31, 2023.
To enter go online to https://www.veterinarypracticenews.ca/sign-up-for-free/ and complete the e-mail sign-up form by filling in all mandatory fields (including “YES, I CONSENT”) and hitting JOIN NOW. The winner will be contacted at the e-mail address provided when submitting this form.
2. The Contest Draw: One (1) winner will be selected by Kenilworth the week of June 5 – 9, 2023 in a random draw conducted by Kenilworth. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible online entries received on or before the contest closing date.
3. The Prize: One (1) VetCE Virtual Free Registration Code valued at US$99 (the “Prize”) for any remaining session in 2023. Any additional costs or expenses associated with the Prize will be the responsibility of the winner. VetCE Virtual is also a property of Kenilworth. For more details, please visit the VetCE website at https://www.vetce.events.
Kenilworth, at its option, may substitute the Prize, or any components of the Prize, if unavailable or cannot be awarded for whatsoever reason, for equivalent value. Prize has no cash value, must be accepted as awarded, is not transferable or convertible to cash and may not be sold, traded or transferred. Inability of the winner to accept any portion of the Prize shall result in the winner forgoing without compensation the portion of the Prize that cannot be taken as provided.
Winner agrees that the Prize is being provided “as is” and Kenilworth makes no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the Prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Winner(s) must look solely to the retailer(s) for any such warranties or guaranties.
Selected entrant(s) will be notified by email or phone. If any selected entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, or fails to complete and return the required Contest documents, they will forfeit the Prize and an alternate entrant will be randomly selected. Each selected entrant will be sent a declaration and release form by e-mail. In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the declaration and release form and the form must be signed and returned to Kenilworth, releasing Kenilworth from any and all claims or causes of action arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and receipt, use or misuse of the Prize, confirming compliance with the Contest rules, accepting the Prize as awarded and consenting to the use of his or her name, without compensation, in any future publicity carried out by Kenilworth in connection with this Contest. Declaration and Release form must be received by Kenilworth within ten (10) days of delivery thereof to the selected entrant, failing which that entrant will be disqualified and Kenilworth may, in its sole and exclusive discretion, select another entry from remaining eligible entries. Kenilworth also reserves the right to reject any entry form that is incomplete, illegible or that contains a human or mechanical error and to proceed with the selection of another Entry Form.
4. Who Can Win: The Contest is open to all residents of Canada who are 18 years of age and/or have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside, with the exception of the employees of Kenilworth and all persons with whom these employees are domiciled. By entering the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the Contest Rules. Limit one prize per person.
Kenilworth does not assume any responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Kenilworth reserves the right, in their discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, or any portion thereof, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Kenilworth’s opinion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Contest rules, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, or other cause beyond their reasonable control, which, in the opinion of Kenilworth, corrupt or affect the proper administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Kenilworth and the Sponsor reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid email account that may be identified by reverse domain name search.
6. FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.