By Patty Khuly, VMD, MBA
For the past 15 years I’ve been attended by only one GP physician. Enjoying this single-doc relationship in the personal way I prefer has meant submitting to a fee-for-service format, concierge-style, with no insurance intermediary. I have the option of patronizing a reference lab chain if I want my insurance to cover my lab work, but I’m otherwise obligated to pay as I go.
Totally worth it. Emphatically. Full stop.
The greater access, continuity and reliability this more personal service offers has translated to a level of care well beyond what I’ve received from my OB/Gyn, psychiatrist, or any of the other GPs I’ve been to over the years. Consequently, my once-dwindling opinion of the medical profession has taken a turn; s...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!