Sharn asked veterinarians and staff to tell a story demonstrating how using the Cardell Veterinary Blood Pressure Monitor made a significant or deciding difference in a life or death case.
Staff member Jessica Wilson submitted three cases (surgery, emergency splenectomy and a routine dental) where monitoring blood pressure allowed the veterinarian to make changes that helped stabilize patients showing failing vital signs.
The hospital will receive a Cardell MAX-12HD Multiparameter Monitor valued at $8,495.
Kimberly Crest Veterinary Hospital in Davenport, Iowa, was named the runner up and will receive the Cardell 9500 HDCO Multiparameter Monitor valued at $5,995.
There were also eight third place winners who received $100:
- All Kinds Veterinary Hospital in Callaway, Md.
- Sacramento Zoo, Sacramento, Calif.
- Animal Life Veterinary Center in Naples, Fla.
- For the Love of Cats (dba Compassionate Care Veterinary Center) in Randolph, Mass.
- Chase Farm Veterinary Hospital in Dartmouth, Mass.
- Valley Veterinary Hospital Ltd. in New Brunswick, Canada
- ANC Veterinary Dental Referral Center in New Rochelle, N.Y.
- Circle of Life Animal Hospital in Tampa, Fla.
In addition, all entries received a $50 rebate coupon toward their next Cardell Monitor purchase.