A petit basset griffon Vendéen (PBGV) named Buddy Holly has become the first of his breed to take “Best in Show’” at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
The six-year-old male from Palm Springs, Calif., bested a field of 2,500 entered dogs to win the title, earning top spots in his respective “Best in Breed” and “Best in Group” (Hound) categories.
Meanwhile, Rummie, a Pekingese, won “Reserve Best in Show.”
Other group winners include:
- Herding Group: Ribbon the Australian shepherd
- Sporting Group: Cider the English setter
- Non-sporting Group: Winston the French bulldog
- Working Group: Chaplin the giant schnauzer
- Terrier Group: Trouble the Staffordshire terrier
First held in 1877, the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is the second-oldest continuous sporting event in the U.S. after only the Kentucky Derby.