By Patty Khuly, VMD, MBA
A group cooking class has all the ingredients for a fun team-building outing outside the practice. Photo SeventyFour/Bigstock
For the past five years, finding a permanent associate has been an absolute nightmare for most veterinary practices of a certain size. As I’m sure most of you are aware, there is a shortage of veterinary workers of all descriptions. Nowhere, however, is this most nakedly problematic than in the search for the right veterinarian to complement your practice’s credo, culture, and clientele.
Sure, we can hire the next warm body or relief doc, but, ultimately, that prospect can be far more expensive and problematic than waiting for the right associate to fill the void. He or she needn’t be the perfect fit, o...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!