1. Avers L, Mathur A, and Kamat D. Music therapy in pediatrics. Clinical Pediatrics. 2007;46(7):575-579.
2. Watanabe S, Uozumi M, and Tanaka N. Discrimination of consonance and dissonance in Java sparrows. Behavioural Processes. 2005;70:203-208.
3. Gess A. Birds like music, too. [Letter to the Editor]. Science. 2007;317:1864.
4. Baptista LF and Keister RA. Why birdsong is sometimes like music. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine. 2005;48(3):426-443.
5. McDermott J and Hauser MD. Nonhuman primates prefer slow tempos but dislike music overall. Cognition. 2007;104(3):654-668.
6. Barrera ME, Rykov MH, and Doyle SL. The effects of interactive music therapy on hospitalized children with -cancer: a pilot study. Psycho-Oncology. 2002;11:379-388.
7. hertzer KE and Keck JF. Music and the PACU environment. Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing. 2001;16(2):90-102.
8. Lee OKA, Chung YFL, Chan MF, et al. Music and its effect on the physiological responses and anxiety levels of patients receiving mechanical ventilation: a pilot study. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2005;14:
9. Twiss E, Seaver J, and McCaffrey R. The effect of music listening on older adults undergoing cardiovascular surgery. Nursing in Critical Care. 200;11(5):224-231.
10. Chan MF. Effects of music on patients undergoing a C-clamp procedure after percutaneous coronary interventions: A randomized controlled trial. — Heart Lung. 2007;36:431-439.
11. F.M. Kane, E.E. Brodie and A. Coull et al., The analgesic effect of odour and music upon dressing change, Br J Nurs 13 (2004), pp. S4–S12
12. Labbe E, Schmidt N, Babin J, et al. Coping with stress: the effectiveness of different types of music. Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback. 2007;32:163-168.
13. Avanzini G. Musicogenic seizures. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2003;999:95-102.
14. Leardi S, Pietroletti R, Angeloni G, et al. Randomized clinical trial examining the effect of music therapy in stress response to day surgery. British Journal of Surgery. 2007;94:943-947.
15. Nakamura T, Tanida M, Niijima A, et al. Auditory stimulation affects renal sympathetic nerve activity and blood pressure in rats. Neuroscience Letters. 2007;416:107-112.
16. Conrad C, Niess H, Jauch K-W et al. Overture for growth hormone: requiem for interleukin-6? Crit Care Medi. 2007;35(12):2709-2713.
17. Angelucci F, Ricci E, Padua L, et al. Music exposure differentially alters the levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and nerve growth factor in the mouse hypothalamus. Neuroscience Letters. 2007;429: 152-155.
18. Sarkamo T, Terveniemi M, Laitinen S, et al. Music listening enhances cognitive recovery and mood after middle cerebral artery stroke. Brain. 2008;131:866-876.
19. Sarkamo T, Terveniemi M, Laitinen S, et al. Music listening enhances cognitive recovery and mood after middle cerebral artery stroke. Brain. 2008;131:866-876.
20. Thaut MH. Neural basis of rhythmic timing networks in the human brain. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2003;999:364-373.
21. Xu F, Cai R, Xu J, et al. Early music exposure modifies GluR2 pro